We present you with an easy dessert to prepare and very sweet! If you love chocolate cakes, this recipe we propose will make you fall in love!
Surprise everyone with an irresistible chocolate cake made only with eggs and Lacasa dark chocolate. You won’t need any other ingredients! In addition, it is a quick recipe you will have ready in less than 1 hour. Do you dare to taste it?
Chocolate cake ingredients (4 people)
- 150 gr dark chocolate for dessert Lacasa
- Six eggs
- pistachio dragees (to decorate)
Preparation of the Chocolate Cake recipe with only two ingredients:
Melt the dark chocolate for Lacasa desserts in a bain-marie or microwave.
How to melt chocolate in a bain-marie:
To do it this way, fill half a saucepan with water and place a bowl on top. Place the chocolate in the bowl (6 ounces or bars and a half) and let it melt over the heat.
Separate the yolks from the whites and reserve both. Be careful that none of the yolks falls into the bowl of whites.
How to get a sponge cake:
For the cake to be fluffy, beat the egg whites with the help of a whisk until stiff. They must be very firm.
Beat the yolks until they lighten a little, and add the melted chocolate little by little. Mix all the ingredients very well.
When the chocolate mixture is ready, add the whipped whites little by little (by spoonfuls), mixing everything with soft and enveloping movements so as not to lose the texture of the whites.
Transfer the mixture to a mould suitable for the oven. We recommend that if it is not silicone, you line it previously with baking paper.
Bake the chocolate cake in a water bath and put it in a preheated oven at 170ºC for about 15 minutes. After this time, lower the temperature to 160ºC and bake it for 15 more minutes.
Turn off the oven, and let it rest for 15 minutes, let it cool completely in the oven.
And if you want your result to be irresistible, we recommend decorating the chocolate cake with some irresistible milk chocolate pistachios. It will surprise you!
How to melt chocolate in a bain-marie
The bain-marie is a method of slowly heating and melting solid ingredients by cooking the container in which they are.
Steps to melt the chocolate in a Bain-Marie:
- Put a water pot on the heat and place a bowl (or another smaller pot) inside until it just touches the edge. Make sure that the water does not overflow when adding the bowl.
- Add the ounces of chocolate to the bowl and wait for it to heat up. A trick to make it melt faster is to cut the ounces into small pieces.
- Stir chocolate until it is completely melted and there is a uniform mixture.
The technique is very easy! And also, it can be done to melt chocolate both on fire and in the microwave (as in the case of this recipe)
Tricks to make the chocolate cake fluffy
To get a fluffy chocolate cake sponge, it is important to take into account several tips:
- Let the ingredients temper. Try to take the eggs out of the fridge half an hour before preparing the recipe since, in this way, you will avoid adding them cold and cutting off the preparation process.
- Beat the whites and yolks well so that the texture is spongy, and therefore, the result of the cake is too.
- You can use one envelope of chemical yeast to boost the cake’s volume and fluffiness.
- Baking in a bain-marie also helps to achieve a moister and fluffier cake.
How much chocolate do you eat a day?
Dark chocolate is the most beneficial for health. It is better to consume chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa, at least 65%.
About two ounces daily is recommended, combined with a balanced and healthy diet and regular physical exercise.
Also, chocolate suits different diets, such as vegan, vegetarian or paleo. A food with a multitude of combinations that we can consume healthily, providing benefits to our health.